Yummy, yummy...little zucchini appetizers that you will want to eat a lot of...so make extra!
I just mentioned these to my husband and he wants me to make them now! Although I have many easy to make appetizer recipes, this is still a favorite, and yeah, it's a vegetable too!
- 4 or more Zucchinis
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl
- Put flour in large bowl and season heavily with salt and pepper and about a tsp of garlic powder. The flour must be heavily seasoned because this is where the flavor is. Test it by dabbing a little on your finger; it should taste good.
- Heat your deep fryer (a large skillet with plenty of oil can be used too.)
- Half and quarter your zucchini lengthwise to make strips.
- Dip zucchini in milk then flour then milk then flour and put them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Serve them up with ranch dressing or your choice of other dips. In Texas we serve everything with Ranch!
Top of Zucchini Appetizers page
Find other easy to make appetizer recipes
go to Quick and Easy Dinner Homepage