Simple and Easy Cornbread Dressing
by Jamie Cooper
(Marble Falls, Texas)
- 4 packages cornbread mix (Morrisons Corn-Kits is recommended, I use homemade cornbread)
- 1 large can biscuits (plain without butter)
COOK AND LET STAND FOR A DAY TO ALLOW DRYING OUT ENOUGH TO CRUMBLE.
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- SAUTE WITH 1 STICK REAL BUTTER.
- 3 boiled eggs (chopped)
- 2 raw eggs (beat with a fork one at a time before adding to mixture)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and Pepper as desired
- 4 cans chicken broth (may add up to 4 more cans water depending on the desired texture)
In a large pan combine part of the corn bread, onions, celery, 1 raw egg, boiled egg, and some broth. Mix well and continue adding the same ingredients until all is mixed together.
Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour in a greased pan 9x13 and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 325 degrees. Stir occasionally while cooking,Hint for your turkey:
Peanut oil and salt rubbed on the outside will make the turkey brown beautifully.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your favorite Thanksgiving Recipes.