Salmon Cakes with Lemon Dill Sauce
- 2 cans Pink Salmon, flaked
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a mixing bowl, flake salmon with a fork and stir in onion, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
Add the lightly beaten eggs, paprika, dill, garlic powder and 1/2 of the bread crumbs. Using clean hands, roll the mixture, meatball style into 7-8 balls.
In a dish, spread the remaining bread crumbs. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs, flattening into cakes 1/2" to 3/4" thick. Fry cakes until golden brown in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons light olive oil with 1-2 tablespoons butter melted in.
Serve with Lemon Sauce, tartar sauce, or seafood cocktail sauce, garnished with lemon wedges.Lemon Dill Sauce:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.