EZ Chee-Z Chicken and Potatoes Bake
by Melissa Birch
(Port Vue, PA)
What's not to love about this chicken and potatoes casserole? Photo by quick-and-easy-dinner.comIngredients:
- 2 - 3 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 box of au gratin potatoes or scalloped (your choice)
- milk (as much as is called for on au gratin potatoes)
- butter (according to box)
- cheese (sliced, chunk, velveeta, any)
- pop tube of biscuits or crescent rolls
- salt /pepper
I don't have specific amounts listed because I have to cook for 8, and most people don't. I advise start with smaller quantities, such as 4 chicken breasts and 1 box of potatoes. This recipe is easy and delicious, and I have been making this for 18 years and my children LOVE it!
Set your oven to 350
roaster with lid (Note from Tiffany...I'm sure a casserole dish would work, and if you don't have a lid, cover with foil.)Instructions:
- Place salt and peppered chicken in roaster and cover with dried potatoes.
- Mix flavor packet with milk(whatever the directions call for) in a separate bowl and then pour over the chicken and potatoes making sure there is plenty of liquid.
- Drop some cheese in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes
- Open and throw the biscuits in whole or cut them up like dumplings covering with cheesy liquid again.
- Add more cheese if you like
- Cook for 15-20 min more
Note by Tiffany: My family loved this. It is very tasty. If you like boxed scalloped/au gratin potatoes (which we do!) you'll like this casserole. This recipe didn't specify if the chicken was cut up or whole, but for ease, I cubed my chicken prior to adding to the casserole dish. I also used a tube of crescent rolls instead of biscuits, because that's what I had. I left them rolled, then quartered the rolls with a sharp knife and dropped into the pan pushing them into the hot liquid and added a little more grated cheese. The family really liked it.
Go to Homepage
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Quick Dinner Ideas and Recipes.