Chicken Mozzarella Casserole
This chicken mozzarella casserole is tasty and fast! 35 minutes start to finish, and you're ready to serve.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 8 oz of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 tsp of bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Pound chicken to 1/8 inch thickness with a meat mallet. Coat each side with flour. Keep the leftover flour.
2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add chicken. Cook, turning
once, until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
Preheat oven to 400.
- Add remaining butter and
mushrooms to skillet; cook about 5 minutes. Stir in reserved flour.
Add water, bouillon and lemon juice or wine. Cook stirring constantly
until thickened. Stir in half and half.
half of chicken in a baking dish Top with mozzarella. Layer remaining
chicken over cheese. Top with sauce. Bake until cheese is
melted...about 10 minutes.
Top of Chicken Mozzarella Casserole
Find more Casserole Recipes