Cola Cookie Recipe
A favorite in Texas, this Cola Cookie recipe is sure to please people from anywhere!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cola
- Cream brown sugar with margarine and butter; beat in egg until fluffy.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, flour, vanilla, and cola. The batter will be stiff. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper (or coat with spray release). Drop dough by teaspoons onto prepared sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes. Ice when cooled.