15 Minute Beef & Bean Burrito
by Donna Dick
Choose you toppings
A Mexican meal in a Minute. Well, 15 minutes to be exact.
I can not take credit for this dish since the recipe is on the back of the package. But thought I'd submit it anyway because sometimes a helpful recipe is just giving someone a good idea of "what" to cook ....
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
- 1 lb package lean (80/20 or 85/15) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1, 1.62 oz package McCormick Burrito Seasoning Mix
- 1, 16 oz can refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas
1. Crumble ground beef into a skillet and stir-fry on medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until done; drain fat.
2. Combine McCormick Burrito Seasoning with water, add to ground beef. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. When liquid is reduced stir refried beans into mixture.
3. Warm tortillas in microwave for 1 minute. Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of burrito mixture down the middle of warmed tortilla shell within 3 inches of bottom of shell.
4. Add desired toppings such as cheese, chopped onions, sliced olives, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole', etc.
5. Fold bottom up, then fold sides in to form a wrap. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.