Mom's Easy Meatloaf Recipe
I love Mom's Meatloaf Recipe, and my husband does too! It definitely
falls into the quick and easy dinner recipe category. There aren't a
lot of ingredients, and it's a snap to make.
- 2 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped *optional-my sister adds a chopped bell pepper too
- 1 small can of tomato sauce, 8 oz.
- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal or bread crumbs (I use both and there isn't any difference in the taste)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon each, salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the above ingredients (if you have a Kitchen Aid Mixer,
put oatmeal in first and mix thoroughly on low.) If not you can mix by
hand in a big bowl. Press the mixture into a 9 X 13 pan.
Now here's what makes Mom's easy meat loaf recipe so good...Combine
1 1/2 to 2 cups of ketchup with 1 cup of of brown sugar. Mix
together until all brown sugar is worked into the ketchup mixture.
Spread evenly across the meatloaf. Put in the oven for about an hour and a half.
Hope your family enjoys this as much as we do!
Back to Easy Dinner Recipes
Top of meatloaf recipe
Back to Quick & Easy Dinner Homepage