Make your own Kahlua
It's super easy to make your own Kahlua. This recipe makes about a gallon, and you'll have plenty to make all of your favorite alcoholic drinks such as Colorado Bulldogs, White Russians, Black Russians and Mudslides.
- 6 c. sugar
- 4 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. boiling water
- 10 Tbsp. instant coffee crystals
- 10 oz of pure vanilla (Mexican vanilla is best if you can find it...check the ethnic food section of your store)
- 1 fifth of Everclear (bottle)
- Combine sugar and 4 cups of water in big stockpot. Heat just until sugar dissolves; set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, poor 1 1/2 c. boiling water over instant coffee crystals. Cover and cool completely.
- Once both mixtures are cool, combine and add vanilla and Everclear.
- Funnel into bottles (dark is better, but not necessary) and store room temperature.
Hint: This recipe is good instantly but also gets better with age. I tried some that my mom made 10 years ago and it was awesome.
Top of Kahlua page
See other drink recipes
Go to Quick and Easy Dinner Homepage