Fried Zucchini Recipe
Here's a great fried zucchini recipe or fried okra recipe, or fried squash recipe, or in this case, I made all three.
It is one of my favorite foods! Delicious served with ranch dressing.
My husband begged, so I finally made a big batch of zucchini, fried okra, and fried squash. Here it is. Yum, yum!
Ingredients - approximates
- 4 zucchini, or squash, or okra, or a combination
- 3 cups flour
- salt & pepper, or Lawry's seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl
- Put flour in large bowl and season heavily with salt and pepper and about a tsp of garlic powder. The flour must be heavily seasoned because this is where the flavor is. Test it by dabbing a little on your finger and licking; it should taste good.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet - about 1/2 inch deep or more.
- Half and quarter your zucchini lengthwise to make strips. Or cut into rounds.
- Dip zucchini in milk first then flour then milk then flour and put them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a plate covered in paper towels
Enjoy!! This makes a mess, but isn't hard, and is definitely worth your efforts.
Note: After it's all finished cooking I give the whole plate a very light sprinkling of Lawry's Seasoning Salt.
Top of Fried Zucchini Recipe