Easy Chili Recipe
Chili recipes can be complex and loaded with ingredients to get the
"perfect heat," but in keeping with this site's theme, our family's easy
chili recipe is not complicated, but tastes great! I never want to
sacrifice taste for easy!
Here's what you need:
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 2 cans of Ranch Style beans
- 1 med. onion
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (can use whole peeled tomatoes if that's what you've got)
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Lawry's seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper (fresh ground if you have it)
- Optional: fresh chopped jalapeno or dried jalapeno
Ready...this is easy!
- Cook your ground meat and chopped onion in a large
stockpot over med-high heat. When it's no longer pink, drain the grease
off the meat (Easy to do if you have a stock pot with a straining lid)
- Return to burner and add your ranch style beans and
tomatoes, keep one of your cans to add water. I think three cans of
water is perfect, but if you like it "soupier" or thicker, adjust
according to your taste.) Add your three cans of water, chili powder,
seasoning salt, and optional, if you like it hot add a fresh chopped
jalapeno seeds and all or even dried jalapeno seasoning.
- Lower heat to medium/low and simmer for at least 30
minutes to let the flavors combine. The longer the better, just add
some extra water if you're going to simmer for more than an hour.
I serve this with jalepeno mexican cornbread.
Enjoy my very best chili recipe!Find other Easy Dinner Recipes
Top of Easy Chili Recipe
Quick Dinner Ideas Homepage