This delicious chicken tortilla soup is a five star recipe. It will become one of your favorite soups from the first spoonful.
If you can open a can-you have found yourself a super easy and tasty recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup success in under 30 minutes! Thanks Wendy from Rochester, NY for submitting this wonderful recipe.
Makes about 10 cups.
1. Open all cans (don't forget to drain the chicken) and pour into a large non-stick stock pot on med-high heat.
2. Fill tomato cans and enchilada can with water and pour into soup. (you could just use one can, but this works double duty by cleaning them out instead of scraping!)
3. While those are heating up, I chop up my onion and pepper and add them when I'm done. Then add the corn and stir occasionally.
4. I heat these ingredients through and when it starts to reduce a bit, I add the chicken stock, lemon juice, and cilantro and again stir occasionally until it is the consistency I want.
5. Garnish with cheese, diced avocado and tortilla chips (sometimes I use it more as a dip for my chips :)
Notes by Tiffany:
I made this soup and we absolutely loved it! I did make a few minor modifications.
I used a chopped up rotisserie chicken instead of canned chicken (still easy!)
I used a can of corn and I did not drain it.
I used RoTel tomatoes with green chilies instead of fiesta tomatoes.
I omitted the water because my pot didn't have room for it.
The soup was wonderful, and my husband gave it a 10 out of 10. Thanks so much Wendy for sharing.
In my bowl, I also added a dollop of sour cream! See below. It was heaven in a bowl; I'm telling you.