Chicken Taco Soup
photo by Tiffany@quick-and-easy-dinner.com
Chicken Taco Soup Ingredients:
Optional Add Ons
- 2 large cans chicken (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained and washed)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained and washed)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- 20 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cans Rotel (I used Cilantro Lime flavor but any kind will do)
- 1-2 cups of water (depending on how juicy you want it)
- 1 package of Liptons Spanish Rice
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican Cheese blend
- Corn chips
Begin cooking the Liptons Spanish Rice according to the packaging directions.
In the meantime, in a LARGE pot, combine: chicken, both beans, corn, taco seasoning, broth, water, and Rotel. Start to heat up. When the rice finishes, add it to the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
When you are finished, garnish your bowl with the shredded cheese of your choice and a dollop of sour cream. Submerge the chips in the soup while you are waiting for the cheese to melt and allow them to get soggy. They act like a noodle for the soup! Enjoy!
Makes a ton of soup. Could easily feed a family of 5 and it is super quick and cheap to make! Top of Chicken Taco SoupEasy Dinner Recipes Homepage