Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Oh how you'll love this recipe for chicken and broccoli casserole to serve your family!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 oz. egg noodles
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded muenster or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a medium-size casserole
dish and set aside. Saute onion in butter over medium heat for 3
minutes. Mix in flour. Gradually stir in broth and mix well.
- Gradually add milk to saucepan. Cook stirring continually until thickened (about 5 minutes). Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add noodles and
cook for 6 minutes. Drain. Spread noodles in prepared baking dish.
Place chicken and broccoli over noodles.
- Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted..
Use your favorite frozen vegetable in this chicken casserole recipe. You don't have to use broccoli! I used Normandy blend with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and it was fantastic.
This easy casserole recipe can be prepared in advance and wrapped
tightly and frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost in fridge overnight and
bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
Top of Chicken and Broccoli Casserole page
Find more Casserole Recipes
Go to Quick and Easy Dinner Homepage..