Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
This chicken and artichoke casserole recipe may just fit the bill for
something different tonight! This is one of my favorite chicken
casserole recipes, and I hope you'll enjoy it, too!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
oven to 350. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add
mushrooms, green onions and carrots. Saute until carrots are tender,
about 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add soup, cream, sherry and salt; mix well.
chicken, mushroom mixture, artichoke hearts and mozzarella in a large
bowl; mix well. Grease a medium casserole with cooking spray. Spread
rice in bottom of casserole.
- Spread chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Pre-cut carrots are available in most supermarkets. You can save time by purchasing these!
may also want to check out the freezer section for artichoke hearts.
They may be less expensive than canned and be fresher tasting.
Top of chicken and artichoke casserole recipes
Go to Quick and Easy Dinner Homepage