Cheese Chicken Shells
by Abby Walker
Ingredients for Cheese Chicken shells:
- 1 can rotel drained (we use the original but you can use the hot)
- 1 box pasta (we use medium shells but have substituted other types of pasta)
- 1 large can of chicken (have also used leftover chicken breasts shredded)
- 1 package of velveeta cheese
- shredded cheese to top (I usually use a mixture of cheddar and jack and Colby)
- approximently ½ cup of milk
Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking cut velveeta cheese into cubes and place in a sauce pan with some milk.
Melt cheese on stove over low-medium heat (you must stir continuously or cheese will burn).
When cheese is melted add the can of chicken and the rotel directly into sauce pan.
Place shells in large casserole dish and pour cheese mixture over top. Mix together.
Put Shredded cheese over top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees for shredded cheese to melt. It's a huge hit!
For another variation I have added broccoli or mixed veggies into the recipe.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Quick Dinner Ideas and Recipes.