Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Sandwiches are easy to make from ingredients that you likely have lying around your pantry and fridge.
I love Sloppy Joe Sandwiches aka Sloppy Joes! If you're in a
real hurry, of course you can buy the canned mix (I prefer Manwich
brand)! If you have the time...sloppy joes from scratch is better, and
this recipe suggests making the day before you serve for BEST flavor!
Make in advance and you'll surely have a quick easy dinner!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp. flour
- 2/3 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cups cola
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dry mustard (or 1 Tbs. prepared mustard)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 hamburger buns
- Chop onion and brown with beef in skillet. Drain excess fat.
- Mix remaining ingredients well, then add to beef, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Serve on buns. This is best the next day after all the flavors have melded.
Top of Sloppy Joe Sandwiches